I find that having some specific goals helps my reading, so I’ve decided on some reading goals for 2014.
- I’ll read at least 52 books in 2014. This include graphic novels, short story collections and non-fiction books.
- I’ll read at least 52 short stories (novellas, novelettes, short stories) in 2014.
- I’ll read at least two books from each continent and at least two set in another world, another planet or in space.
- I’ll read the winners (novels) of the following awards:
– The Man Booker Prize (shortlist are presented in early September, winner announced mid-late October)
– The Lambda Literary Awards (SF/Fantasy/Horror and Lesbian Fiction. Maybe Lesbian Mystery too, we’ll see. Will be announced in June.)
– The Hugo Awards (presented at WorldCon, Aug.14th.-Aug.18th. 2014)
– The Nebula Awards (will be announced mid-May 2014)
- I’ll read at least 3 non-fiction books.
- I’ll try not to let Mount-TBR grow any bigger than it already is.
- I’ll blog about the books I consider worth it.