I’m late with this, but…. After 9 months this is the status for my 2013 reading goals:
- I’ll read at least 52 books in 2013. This include graphic novels, short story collections and non-fiction books.
I’ve read 42 by the end of September. Still looking good.
- I’ll read at least 52 short stories (novellas, novelettes, short stories) in 2013.
I’ve read 22so far. I guess this means I’m a quite a bit behind, but I’m still hopeful.
- I’ll read at least one book from each continent and at least one set in another world, another planet or in space.
I’ve joined this challenge where I have to read two from each continent and so on, so my ambitions have doubled. So far Europe, Asia, Africa, North-America and the out-of-this-planet ones are done. South and Latin-America and Oceania/Antarcica are still to do.
- I’ll read the winners (novels) of the following awards:
– The Man Booker Prize (shortlist are presented in early September, winner announced mid-late October) – The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton. I have it on my Kindle, but haven’t started it yet.
– The Lambda Literary Awards – SF/Fantasy/Horror (Green Thumb, Tom Cardamone) and Lesbian Fiction (The World We Found: A Novel, Thrity Umrigar). Maybe Lesbian Mystery (Ill Will, J.M. Redmann) too, we’ll see. – Haven’t read any of them yet.
– The Spectrum Awards (usually announced in November)
– The Hugo Awards (presented at WorldCon, Aug.29th.-Sept.2nd. 2013) – Redshirts : a novel with three codas by John Scalzi. Read it sometime last year. Good fun.
– The Nebula Awards – 2312 by Kim Stanley Robinson – Haven’t read it yet.
- I’ll read at least 3 non-fiction books.
I’ve read 2 so far, so this looks good.
- I’ll try not to let Mount-TBR grow any bigger than it already is.
This one is a total bust. Sigh!
- I’ll blog about the books I consider worth it.
I’ve sort of done that. I think there’s a few missing.