After 3 months this is the status for my 2013 reading goals:
- I’ll read at least 52 books in 2013. This include graphic novels, short story collections and non-fiction books.
I’ve read 15 so far, so I’m just ahead of schedule.
- I’ll read at least 52 short stories (novellas, novelettes, short stories) in 2013.
I’ve read 11 so far. I guess this means I’m a tiny bit behind, but I’m not worried.
- I’ll read at least one book from each continent and at least one set in another world, another planet or in space.
I’ve joined this challenge where I have to read two from each continent and so on, so my ambitions have doubled. So far Europe, Asia and the out-of-this-planet ones are done. Africa, North-America, South and Latin-America and Oceania/Antarcica are still to do.
- I’ll read the winners (novels) of the following awards:
– The Man Booker Prize (shortlist are presented in early September, winner announced mid-late October)
– The Lambda Literary Awards (SF/Fantasy/Horror and Lesbian Fiction. Maybe Lesbian Mystery too, we’ll see. Will be announced in June.)
– The Spectrum Awards (usually announced in November)
– The Hugo Awards (presented at WorldCon, Aug.29th.-Sept.2nd. 2013)
– The Nebula Awards (will be announced mid-May 2013)
I’ll have to wait and see who wins the different prizes.
- I’ll read at least 3 non-fiction books.
I’ve read 2 so far, so this looks good.
- I’ll try not to let Mount-TBR grow any bigger than it already is.
I’ve read 5 from Mount-TBR, but I suspect it has grown by more than 4. Sigh!
- I’ll blog about the books I consider worth it.
I’ve done that. Just one in my “to-blog” pile at the moment.