After 3 month this is the status of my reading goals for 2012.
- I’ll read at least 52 books in 2012. This include graphic novels, short story collections and non-fiction books.
So far I’ve only read 10 books in 2012, so I’m a bit behind schedule. Well, there’s still time.
- I’ll read at least 52 short stories (novellas, novelettes, short stories) in 2012.
So far I’ve read 16 short stories, so I’m right on schedule. I’m also reading a short story collection right now, so this looks good.
- I’ll finish the 12 books I intend to read for the 2012 Speculative Fiction Challenges that I’ve joined. Most of those books are from my TBR-pile, so that’s a good thing. I might join other challenges too. Time will tell.
I’ve read half the books for one challenge and almost all for the other, so this looks good.
- I’ll read at least one book from each continent and at least one set in another world, another planet or in space.
So far I’ve covered Europe, Africa, North America, Australia and a fictional world, so this looks good.
- I’ll read the winners (novels) of the following awards:
- The Man Booker Prize (shortlist are presented in early September, winner announced mid-late October)
- The Lambda Literary Awards (SF/Fantasy/Horror and Lesbian Fiction. Maybe Lesbian Mystery too, we’ll see. Will be announced in June.)
- The Spectrum Awards (usually announced in November)
- The Hugo Awards (presented at WorldCon, Aug.30th.-Sept.3rd. 2012)
- The Nebula Awards (the Nebulas for 2011 will be announced mid-May 2012)
None of them have been announced yet, so this will have to wait.
- I’ll read at least 3 non-fiction books.
None so far, at least not from cover to cover.
- I’ll read at least 2 short story collections.
I’m reading one right now, so this looks ok.
- I’ll keep blogging about books I’ve read.
So far I have, I’ll tryk to keep it up.