This fall I joined a challenge called Fall into Reading 2011 at the blog Callapidder Days.
The challenge was to put up a list of books you intended to read from Sept.23rd. to Dec.21st. put a wrap up post in your blog before midnight on Christmas Eve and post the link to it on the Mr.Linky widget on the wrap up post on Callapidder Days. My list isat the bottom of this post.
Here’s how it went for me:
- Did you finish reading all the books on your fall reading list? If not, why not?
I finished all but one. I was half-way through it on Dec. 21st, but didn’t manage to finish it before today. Simply a matter of time.
- Did you stick to your original goals or did you change your list as you went along?
I stuck to my original goals.
- What was your favorite book that you read this fall? Least favorite? Why?
My favorite was The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern with Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta following close on its heels. My least favorite was The Floating Islands by Rachel Neumeier. It was ok, but no more than that.
- Did you discover a new author or genre this fall? Did you love them? Not love them?
The books were from several different genres, but none of the new to me. The only author that I was familiar with was Charles de Lint, so there were a lot of new authors. I quite liked most of them.
- Did you learn something new because of Fall Into Reading 2011 – something about reading, about yourself, or about a topic you read about?
I learned that I like, and need a challenge or two to get through the books I intend to read. So I’ve already decided to join a few challenges next year too.
- What was your favorite thing about the challenge?
That it kept me disciplined.
This was fun.
My Fall into Reading 2011 List:
- Jellicoe Road / Melina Marchetta – read, 24.sep.
- The Sense of and Ending / Julian Barnes – read, 28.oct.
- Trapped / Michael Northrop – read, 5.oct.
- Pastworld / Ian Beck – read, 19.nov.
- The Painted Boy / Charles de Lint – half read on 21.dec. Finished on 23.dec.
- The Floating Islands / Rachel Neumeier – read, 5.nov.
- The Night Circus / Erin Morgenstern – read, 23.oct.
- The Kensei / Jon F. Merz – read, 16.dec.
- Brain Jack / Brian Falkner – read, 29.sep.
- Blink & Caution / Tim Wynne Jones – read, 12.oct.
- Ikke rart det kommer kråker / Karine Nyborg (short story collection) – read, 9.dec.
- Whichever book that wins the Man Booker Prize 2011 – The Sense of an Ending – read, 28.oct.
- Hopefully a book or two more, we’ll see.
From “The mores…”