Random blogging, sort of, since I’m not up to anything that takes more than five minutes. This was originally a meme from Facebook, posted there in 2009. I’ve long since stopped tagging people in memes. Including the rules anyway. Reading them allready seems like peering into history 😉
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people then click publish.)
1) I’m in fact solar powered, and live in Bergen. Go figure…
2) My favourite novel is ‘A suitable boy‘
3) Too many of my friends live too far away. I miss you all….
4) I was lucky enough (age 5) to meet my childhood hero, wildlife photograher Sverre M. Fjellstad, but not to singlehandedly track down the deer he was there to photograph. He was innstead recruited to the search for his probably youngest fan….
5) My favourite book store is Joseph Beth Booksellers, Lexington, Kentucky. Open LATE on Saturday evening, ALLWAYS bumped into someone I knew…
6) I had to go to Sweden to meet my Norwegian husband..
7) I love my job (or I’m reasonably fond of it, anyway), but desperately miss doing field work
8) I’ve spent 4 1/2 hours lost in communist era Prague with no cash, no passport, no visa, no maps and no idea how to get to the dorm I staid at, way out of town. Traveller’s cheques could not be cashed in without passport/visa…
9) I’ve spent 3 weeks on a reservation in Montana. True eye-opnener. Still digesting, will never be done.
10) I once lost an opportunity to participate in a real sweat lodge because my native american (Assiniboine/Gros Ventre) hosts assumed I would much rather go to a disco…
11) My favourite movie is Hal Hartely’s ‘Trust’
12) Put me on a rocky shore, and all I’ll do is sit down and turn rocks.
13) I make surprisingly good waffles. Grandma’s receipe…
14) My grandest musical experience was definitely the show ‘Le Shebeen’, directed by Deon Opperman, seen/heard at the Aardklop festival in Potchefstroom, South Africa. Boy, those south-africans can sing and dance!
15) I suffer from health anxiety by proxy, and get WAY too anxious when my kids get sick
16) I love the zen of bait fishing
17) The highest altitude I’ve visited, was annoyingly close to Mont aux Sources in the Drakensberg, app. 3000 m above sea level
18) It takes me ages to finish lists like this one
19) Not sure whether it is more fun to tag close friends and look for the odd surprise/see how they sum up their lives, or learn more about new friends
20) I’d really like to learn more languages
21) I’d love to spend another year abroad. Botswana, maybe?
22) My random facts aren’t nearly random enough
23) I wasn’t prepared that the bubble-wrap landscape of the Wavelands (Kentucky) would be so fascinating (Nope, no irony there!)
24) I’m way too verbose (yeah, you’ve figured that out by now!)
25) My husband’s forbidden me to tag him, ’cause he’s just done ‘Sju ting du ikke trenger å vite om meg’ (‘seven things you don’d have to know about me’) on his blog, and can’t actually think of another 25 things…. And he’s really disapointed I got too serious in this note….